Saturday, September 12, 2020

Review: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Must confess that i had some (not so good) preconceived ideas about this book and that was the reason why it took me so long to start reading it even after i had bought it for some time.

My main rationale was: What could a best seller that sounded like a self-help book could offer me :-)?

Only when i saw it recommend it 2/3 other books and listen to it as a reference in also a couple of podcasts. i have decided to reluctantly start such endeavor... and what a pleasant surprise it was, i really liked it.

I liked the overall framework (7 habits) and how it is exposed, I liked the basic concepts (e.g what are values, principles, the habits, etc...), I liked that you can try to live and strive to improve the proposed habits and that those are actionable and ground to earth.

Like in every book, its value resided in the intersection of what the author wants to convey and what the reader can and takes out of it. The former is static when the book is published the latter is dynamic and depends on the reader and of course its context.

I will try to take the most of what has been shared in its simplicity and practicability, but at the same time be aware of the complexity of walking the proposed path.

I definitely recommend its reading.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment