Sunday, April 25, 2021

Review: The Slaughterman’s Daughter: The Avenging of Mende Speismann at the Hands of Her Sister Fanny

The Slaughterman’s Daughter: The Avenging of Mende Speismann at the Hands of Her Sister Fanny The Slaughterman’s Daughter: The Avenging of Mende Speismann at the Hands of Her Sister Fanny by Yaniv Iczkovits
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

A romance that was recommended in a 2020 reading list (from the Economist if not mistaken) that I found relative interesting.

The book navigates the reader in several different related and character based stories that then converge in 1 and has the merit to portray an era, reality and the diverse social classes, based on religion/ status/education/national diversity, on the Czar's Russia empire that I was far from familiar.

After reading it I can recognize the merits of the book, but it is far from being on my curated reading list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment